Who are we?
The Scottish Nautical Welfare Society is dedicated to promoting the welfare of former seafarers, and their dependents, in retirement and through difficult times. We offer a wide range of services from holding social gatherings and subsided lunches to providing financial support and advice on welfare. If you are an ex-seafarer who needs some help or perhaps you know an ex-seafarer who you think would benefit from a little assistance then please Contact Us, we treat each enquiry with the greatest of confidence.
The Scottish Nautical Welfare Society, or SNWS to our friends, is a charity incorporated in April 2002 as a result of the merger and rationalisation of three long established nautical charities: Glasgow Aged Seamen’s Relief Fund, Glasgow Seamens’ Friend Society and Glasgow Veteran Seafarers Association.
Who do we help?
Merchant seafarers and fishermen, and their dependants, within the central belt of Scotland
How can we help?
We offer a wide range of services and treat each enquiry on an individual basis, below are just a few of the services we provide. If you would like more information then please contact us to find out how we could help you.
Welfare and Support
- Regular grants and help to apply for one-off grants from other nautical organisations - click here to find out more
- Home visiting service also offers advice on how to access the welfare system for other avenues of support
Social Club & Events
- Subsidised three-course lunches three times a week
- Syllabus of social events throughout the year
- Annual Christmas Lunch
- Meet fellow ex-seafarers and their families and make new friends
If you would like to join our social events please get in touch, new faces are always warmly welcomed!
Call Us: 0141 337 2632